Poker rules can vary with home games and it is best to ask about variations on the game before participating. Most online casinos will follow the standard poker rules. It doesn’t hurt to check the rules section of the casino you are playing at, you might even find some tips on better play and strategies.
Royal Flush – A,K,Q,J,10 and all cards must be from the same suit.
Straight Flush – Any 5 card sequence of the same suit
Four of a kind – 4 cards of the same rank, 1 from each suit
Full House – 3 of a kind and a pair at the same time
Flush – Any 5 Non-Sequenced cards of the same suit
Straight – 5 cards in sequence, but not of the same suit
3 of a kind – 3 cards of the same rank
2 pair – 2 seperate pairs
Pair – any pair of matching rank cards
High card – The highest ranking card of the hand
Texas Hold’em Rules
Goal: To get the best possible five card poker hand using any combination of hole & community cards.
1. Player to the left of the dealer posts a small blind equal to 1/2 of the lower limit
2. Player next to small blind player posts a big blind equal to the lower limit
3. The dealer deals each player 2 cards face-down (these are pocket cards)
4. 1st round of betting. Bets and raises are of the lower limit value. Maximum of 4 raises.
5. The dealer turns over three community cards face-up (the flop)
6. 2nd round of betting. Bets and raises are of the lower limit value. Maximum of 4 raises.
7. The dealer turns over 1 more community card (the turn or 4th street)
8. 3rd betting round. Bets and raises are of the higher limit value. Maximum of 4 raises.
9. The dealer turns over 1 final community card (the river or 5th street)
10. Last betting round. Bets and raises are of the higher limit value. Maximum of 4 raises.
11. Remaining players show their hands (Showdown)